We are still under construction with this new site. It is working and you are welcome to place your order here.
• Martha Deacon started sewing draperies professionally in 1962 at the age of 15 while apprenticing under her father and Master Upholsterer, John Possett, in his upholstery shop in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
• By the summer of 1967 MamaHawk was doing alterations for local retail clothing stores as well as local dry cleaning companies. Word of mouth spread quickly due to her ability to work with virtually any fabric or material and her background in the upholstery business.
• This combination of experience in the clothing and upholstery industries lead to custom work such as Boat and RV interior makeovers, vinyl banners and signs, and apparel and clothing design.
• In 1966, MamaHawk started sewing commercially. She has designed, fabricated, and or repaired; numerous amounts of giant advertising inflatable balloons, bouncers and jumpers; vinyl barn doors and panels for Sikkema’s Equipment; and vinyl signs and banners.
You name it! She can do it!
• MamaHawk’s combination of experience, passion for sewing, and love for her son is now available for all of the Roller Derby Family! We are confident this will spill over into every Roller Derby Cover and product that is created for you.
I started out as a roller derby fan in my hometown Grand Rapids, Michigan in the winter of 2007. From that moment on the sport of Roller Derby and the WFTDA have become a very significant part of my life. In November of 2008 at a bout in Grand Rapids I decided to take it to the next step, and eventually moved to the Cleveland area where I am pursuing a degree in computer programming. Here I have grown from a super fan to an aspiring referee for The Burning River Roller Girls for their 2009 Season. This website is my effort to help better the sport and give a little back by offering quality products and accessories for Roller Derby athletes that may not be offered in a mainstream retail outlet elsewhere. With that said if you have any products you would like to see on our site or feedback about our product line, we would live to hear from you — SweaterBoy
by Robert Deacon: The history of Deacon’ Inc. goes back to 1950, when Roman Deacon decided to start his own adding machine and typewriter service business after working 25 years for a major manufacture of adding machines. He called his company Deacon Office Machines, Co. In 1963 I joined my father and in 1970 we incorporated as Deacon’s Inc. We continued to sell and service popular brands of Adding Machines, Typewriters, and Dictation Equipment. Then with digital age added Electronic Calculators, Typewriter and in 1985 our first Computer. In 1993 we sold the retail part of our business and I began consulting as an indigent contractor specializing in small business networks and accounting systems and am active today.
In 1997 my wife Marti decided she wanted to start her own sewing business and that has also become a part of Deacon’s Inc.